I need prayer because I need God’s grace, power, and active working in my life! Please pray for me to our Abba Father in the name of his Son our Lord Jesus.
Here are my current prayer requests as of 9/9/13.
- To be devoted to prayer and meditation on Christ and Scripture (Colossians 4.2).
- For me to guard my “think time” journaling, writing, and praying as I lead a young family (my wife is a superstar mom!) and a young church.
- For me to keep learning and growing in my competence as one who trains disciplemakers and as I also do the hard work of disciple-making.
- Pray for God to continue to give us ministry partners for our church planting effort as financial/prayer partners: msc.kintera.org/pjtibayan
- For our City Groups to be launched this fall with the frontline of engaging non-Christians in love. We want to start with 3 groups, so pray that the vision and call would be clear from God’s Spirit in the specific ways our members follow Jesus.
- For conversion fruit. We’re praying that God adds 20 to our church by next April, 11 who converted to Christ and 9 who are without a church or transferring in as already-Christians.
- For our preaching series on City Groups, then Matthew in the Fall into 2014. For past sermons go here.
- For pastor-elders to be raised up and recognized! We’re getting closer I think and I love the men God has given our church. Three CrossViewers have preached the Word to our gathering this year.
For serving outside the home/local church:
- I’m preaching at The Master’s College and California Baptist University this Fall. Please pray for wisdom, sensitivity to the Spirit, and power to exalt Christ in a way that people see his glory and are changed.
- TGCLA (The Gospel Coalition LA chapter) is refocused and clear on our strategy moving forward, so pray that pastors and churches would be strengthened in gospel centrality, expository ministry, and disciple-making. Our next meeting is 10/15/13.