- John Frame Critiques Biblical Theologians wp.me/p1cwO-W2 4 days ago
- RT @between2worlds: D.A. Carson's "For the Love of God" Bible devotional now a free app: itunes.apple.com/us/app/d.a.-ca… 4 days ago
- RT @darrinpatrick: Go to a church that doesn't believe just going to church is church. Eugene Cho 4 days ago
- Pastor Roberts on Homosexuality, Christianity, and his experience. Pass it along/discuss to further conversation. vimeo.com/80605751 5 days ago
- RT @DailyKeller: “Covenant community is like air. We don't miss it until we need it.” 6 days ago
- D. A. Carson Audio sermons and lectures - Free MP3's from around the Web
- The Pastor's Role: Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities of a Pastor/Shepherd/Elder/Overseer
- What year was Jesus born and what year did he die and rise?
- New D.A. Carson audio found - Showing the Spirit (lectures on 1 Cor. 12-14 in 1985 at Moore College)
- Alistair Begg interviewed by unbelievers...
- 3 Reasons to Consider our Trials Great Joy - a James 1:2-4 CrossView Sermon
- More sermons on James 3:1-12 by John MacArthur, Alistair Begg, Tom Schreiner, Sinclair Ferguson, and Paul Tripp (For CrossView Church)
- The Meaning of Marriage by Tim Keller - Chapter 1 thoughts
- When should you open your heart to dating, courting, or marrying someone?
- Download ESV Bible mp3 files for free to memorize/meditate!
Category Archives: Tim Chester
The Audio for The Total Church North America Conference 2008 has now been uploaded. Tim Chester and Steve Timmis recently published a book – “Total Church” with Re:Lit. This conference is the result of the ideas presented in the book. Main Sessions … Continue reading
After being greatly challenged and provoked to much thought by the book Total Church: A Radical Reshaping Around Gospel and Community, I’ve been waiting a long time in great anticipation of the follow-up book Everyday Church: Mission by Being Good … Continue reading
I find these distinctions helpful. Tim Chester has some helpful posts on this topic linked to and reposted below. Communities of Performance Verses [sic] Communities of Grace How Communities of Performance Impede Mission Creating Communities of Grace Communities of Performance Verses … Continue reading
At the end of the discussions, we should make notes of where our church should be going and what steps, even baby steps, would move in that direction. Watch these 3 videos by Steve Timmis, prepare to discuss them and … Continue reading
This is taken from Tim Chester: Small group/Bible study gospel/missional community Life together House groups often tend to be a weekly meeting. People talk about ‘house group night’ – the evening in which they ‘do’ house group by attending a … Continue reading
Steve Timmis tweeted: “One disciple at a time. One church at a time.” That brings things into perspective for me. There are a few neighbors/friends in the community that I should focus on making a disciple of the Lord Jesus. … Continue reading
See the video here. Devolution – the shift of power, resources, and identity away from the center and out to the margins. This is a great model for churches of all sizes. It’s not a dismantling of the center. Gospel … Continue reading
Though I have a few disagreements with parts of the way the Total Church (written by Tim Chester and Steve Timmis) principles are fleshed out in church structure, I still recommend the book as one of the best I’ve read … Continue reading
Reflections on “Church Planting: A Theological Perspective” by Tim Chester, part 1 – How you define “church” shapes your approach to church planting
This is a chapter written by Tim Chester in a book entitled, “From Multiplying Churches” edited by Stephen Timmis (Christian Focus, 2000). Tim Chester’s chapter has 5 major points: (1) The doctrine of the church and church planting, (2) the … Continue reading