- RT @thesingoff: "They complete me." -LOL! @TheFilharmonic #SingOff @niko_del_rey 5 hours ago
- RT @thesingoff: RETWEET if @TheFilharmonic had you grooving. #SingOff 5 hours ago
- "How can you espouse genuine equality if you don't allow gay people the same rights to get married as straight… wp.me/p1cwO-We 2 days ago
- John Frame Critiques Biblical Theologians wp.me/p1cwO-W2 6 days ago
- RT @between2worlds: D.A. Carson's "For the Love of God" Bible devotional now a free app: itunes.apple.com/us/app/d.a.-ca… 6 days ago
- D. A. Carson Audio sermons and lectures - Free MP3's from around the Web
- The Pastor's Role: Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities of a Pastor/Shepherd/Elder/Overseer
- 3 Reasons to Consider our Trials Great Joy - a James 1:2-4 CrossView Sermon
- What year was Jesus born and what year did he die and rise?
- How is Taking Christ’s Yoke on us “Easy”? A Meditation on Matthew 11:28-30.
- Download ESV Bible mp3 files for free to memorize/meditate!
- About Me
- More sermons on James 3:1-12 by John MacArthur, Alistair Begg, Tom Schreiner, Sinclair Ferguson, and Paul Tripp (For CrossView Church)
- A Template for Bible Reading to reprint (Swedish Method)
- Revelation Conference, Session 1 - Dr. G.K. Beale - Making Sense of the Symbols. The Old Testament Background to the Book of Revelation (Part I)
Category Archives: church polity
The ones you’ll want to make sure to look at are A Display of God’s Glory (pdf linked, the chapter on congregationalism) and By Whose Authority: Elders in Baptist Life. I disagree with the arguments for a senior pastor that Dever makes, but the rest … Continue reading
(start at 17:09) “There is no protection for a church with a bad pastor.” – James McDonald. I disagree. They can and must oust him like Paul tells the churches of Galatia in Galatians 1:8-9. There is a chance of … Continue reading
It’s not everyday you have one of the leaders of evangelicalism and The Gospel Coalition, an interdenominational movement, speak directly on ecclesiological issues that pin him to his denomination and ecclesiological convictions to the exclusion and disagreement of others. Don … Continue reading
Elders, Part 1 – 4:2 – Feb 2007 Elders, Part 2 – 4:3 – March-Apr 2007 Lay Elders: A User’s Guide – 9:6 – Nov-Dec 2012
I’m a Baptist. He is not. So we will disagree I presume. But I post these here for later preparation for my sermon on Baptism coming up. Baptism: Its Meaning and Purpose “Cross-Examination: Infant Baptism”
The Hollywood Church is ordaining two more pastor-elders (our term for the office) tomorrow in their gathering and for this we praise the Lord Jesus! He is our Chief Pastor and Elder brother. In light of this grace, I wanted to post … Continue reading
Mike McKinley posts at the 9marks blog (I downloaded and plan to listen to the audio): Dr. Hunter Powell is an expert on many things, chief among them being soft cheeses and the discussions about polity that took place between Congregationalists and Presbyterians and … Continue reading
I’m loving this book! More posts to come.