- "How can you espouse genuine equality if you don't allow gay people the same rights to get married as straight… wp.me/p1cwO-We 3 hours ago
- John Frame Critiques Biblical Theologians wp.me/p1cwO-W2 4 days ago
- RT @between2worlds: D.A. Carson's "For the Love of God" Bible devotional now a free app: itunes.apple.com/us/app/d.a.-ca… 4 days ago
- RT @darrinpatrick: Go to a church that doesn't believe just going to church is church. Eugene Cho 4 days ago
- Pastor Roberts on Homosexuality, Christianity, and his experience. Pass it along/discuss to further conversation. vimeo.com/80605751 5 days ago
- Don Carson's Lectures on "Basic Baptist Beliefs"
- D. A. Carson Audio sermons and lectures - Free MP3's from around the Web
- The Pastor's Role: Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities of a Pastor/Shepherd/Elder/Overseer
- "How can you espouse genuine equality if you don't allow gay people the same rights to get married as straight people?"
- What year was Jesus born and what year did he die and rise?
- 3 Reasons to Consider our Trials Great Joy - a James 1:2-4 CrossView Sermon
- Pastor/Elder Vows and ordination
- Download ESV Bible mp3 files for free to memorize/meditate!
- When should you open your heart to dating, courting, or marrying someone?
- D. A. Carson Lectures on Biblical Interpretation (Hermeneutics)
Category Archives: Christian living
There are a few myths regarding church discipline that I’d like to briefly respond to and clarify. First, let’s re-read the Lord Jesus’ words commanding this process. Matthew 18:15 “If your brother sins against you, go and rebuke him in private. If he … Continue reading
I used to do this a lot in the past. I don’t know when I stopped doing it. I don’t remember who told me to start doing it. But I used to do it. Then I stopped. Now I’m starting … Continue reading
Why do believers need to continually confess their sins to receive forgiveness for them? If Christ has paid for sins past, present, and future, what actually transacts when I confess my sin to God?
John Piper answers: One might think that this problem is created by the contrast between John and Jesus on the one side, and Paul on the other. 1 John 1:9 says, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and … Continue reading
I had a conversation with one of the members after the gathering before lunch, and we talked about what God said to us. As he shared, another application of the passage struck like lightning. I regretted I hadn’t thought of … Continue reading
In light of the fact that we’re covering James 2:14-26 at CrossView Church tomorrow, I wanted to post these lists for our members and friends. The two lists that distinguishes saving faith from dead/damning faith  Stuff that neither prove … Continue reading
These are the ones that were, on the first read, especially helpful to me: Are you astonished with the gospel? Where have you made much of yourself and little of God? Is technology interrupting your communion with God? Is work … Continue reading
I find these distinctions helpful. Tim Chester has some helpful posts on this topic linked to and reposted below. Communities of Performance Verses [sic] Communities of Grace How Communities of Performance Impede Mission Creating Communities of Grace Communities of Performance Verses … Continue reading
“If we start to learn to integrate the extra hours of our life with the life of unbelievers there will be unlimited opportunities to share the gospel. It isn’t hard to find opportunities to share the gospel. It’s hard for … Continue reading
This may be an extreme case of sports worship. Two Dodger fans beat up and assaulted three Giants fans and left one hurt pretty bad (story here). It is certainly further along the sinful line of rebellion. There actions reveal … Continue reading