For Manhood (exclusively):
- People: Godly men in your local church (include your qualified pastors here)
- Article: When Does a Boy Become a Man? Part 1 | Part 2 (Albert Mohler)
- Audio: Sex and the Single Man (this has good stuff on dating) (Mark Dever and Panel)
- Audio: Sex, Romance, and the Glory of God: What Every Husband Needs to Know (CJ Mahaney)
- Read/Listen: Albert Mohler has several articles and radio discussions on Manhood, Extended Boyhood, with other people. It’s worth reading for his cultural analysis and biblical convictions. There are several web pages of resources here that are worth your time.
- Video Sermon: Biblical Manhood (Voddie Baucham) (This one is addressed to pastors)
- Every Man (Gunner Gunderson)
- Interview with CJ Mahaney on Biblical Masculinity – video | transcript
For Both Manhood and Womanhood:
- People: Godly couples and older people in your local church.
- Book: What’s the Difference? Manhood and Womanhood Defined According to the Bible, by John Piper, (book: $7.49, 91 pages | Free PDF)
- Book:Doing Things Right in the Matters of the Heart by John Ensor ($9.47, 160 pages)
- PDF: 50 Crucial Questions on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
- Audio: 7 Part Sermon Series on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood (John Piper)
- Audio and Notes: Seminar Class on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood (John Piper)
- I highlight many John Piper resources in this post, but here is a treasure trove of resources (books, audio, articles, videos, etc.) for you to sift through.
- Capitol Hill Baptist Church has a Core Seminar Class on the topic.
For Womanhood (exclusively):
- People: Godly women in your local church.
- Book: The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace
- Audio: Biblical Femininity for Single Women
- Book: Girl Talk: Mother-Daughter Conversations on Biblical Womanhood by Carolyn Mahaney
- Book: Feminine Appeal by Carolyn Mahaney
- Audio: Mothers and Daughters (Carolyn Mahaney)
- Audio: To Teach What is Good (Titus 2) (Carolyn Mahaney)
Fighting for Purity and Against Pornography (and Lust):
- People: You need to talk to and be open with others in your church family.
- Porn-Free Church (free E-Book)
- Book: Sex is not the Problem, Lust is by Josh Harris
- Book: The Purity Principle by Randy Alcorn
- Article: Accountability Groups (by Randy Alcorn)
- Article: Strategies to Keep from Falling: Practical Steps to Maintain Your Purity and Ministry (Randy Alcorn)
- Article: Deterring Immorality by Counting Its Cost
- Article: ANTHEM: Strategy for Fighting Lust (John Piper)
- Article: (26) Strategies for Fighting Sexual Sin (John Piper)
- Audio/Online Read: Battling the Unbelief of Lust (Sermon, John Piper)
- More John Piper Resources for Sexual Purity
- More Randy Alcorn Resources on Sexual Purity